Monday, October 20, 2008

The end of the sickness???

Could it be, could we really be well again? WE ARE!!!! Well, I guess that's no entirely true. Poor Miss Lauryn has gotten her very first ear infection...woohoo ammoxicillan (seriously, how do you spell that?) At least we got her to take it. After 2 and a half years on antibiotics it's a struggle to get her to take anything. Tylenol for a fever...only in the last 6 months. Fluoride...easily for some odd reason. And heaven forbid the medicine is a different color than the last one that we gave her :-) Good thing that I love this little girl.

Last night I decided that the house had gotten out of control while we were all feeling yucky and it had to be cleaned before the flood of kids returned this morning. So, the whole gang (yes, the WHOLE gang) helped out and the house was returned to normal which meant that I got to spend the morning catching up on my Beth Moore study,baking scones, mixing up granola, and prepping chicken tortilla soup to throw into the crock pot. I love those kinds of mornings. Now, if I could just find the time in there to finish the skirt that I've started for my niece and spend a little more time checking out a pattern for this super cute bag that I want to try. I'm too lazy to find the link right now...and Lauryn's crying in bed. I guess I should go and check on her and then put myself to bed so we can start another day that goes as smoothly as today. That's kind of a joke but we can always hope can't we.

4 comments:

Family Circus 6 said...

Great! I'm glad you can make it! Haven't bumped into you in awhile!

Anonymous said...

ammoxicilian... lol

Family Circus 6 said...

Hey! I work on M, W, F from 8:30-1:30 but this week I'm actually taking on a temp summer job that will put me at M-F 8:30-3:30 or so.
We should plan a big day for all the bloggers to meet at the Rotary Park ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Brooke,

This was the only place I could see to get a hold of you. I hope you get this :) You won the giveaway for the Whimsy Couture Patterns on my blog. Please email me at susanphillips75 (at) gmail (dot) com. to claim. Thanks!
Please reach me within 3 days to claim. :)